See more Art fabrication articles on AOD.
Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
=> Art fabrication
[pageid] => 2925613
Art fabrication is a process or service relating to the production of large or technically difficult artworks.
When a lone artist or designer is incapable or chooses not to realize the creation of his or her own design or conception, he or she may enlist the assistance of an art fabrication studio. Typically, an art fabrication studio has access to the resources, specialized machinery, and labor necessary to execute particularly complex projects.
Notable art fabricators
Lippincott, Inc., founded in 1966 by Donald Lippincott and Roxanne Everett, was the first company to devote itself exclusively to art fabrication using industrial techniques. The company encouraged a collaborative relationship between artists and the fabrication crew, allowing the creation of work using media that artists had not previously used. Lippincott, Inc. fabricated work for almost 100 artists, including "Barnett Newman, "Louise Nevelson, "Donald Judd, "Claes Oldenburg, "Robert Indiana, and "Ellsworth Kelly.
Other notable fabricators include:
- Carlson Arts, LLC in Sun Valley, CA, who have worked with "Ellsworth Kelly, "Isamu Noguchi, "Yoshitomo Nara, "Christian Moeller, Rob Ley, and others 
- Standard Sculpture LLC, located in Glassell Park, CA, whose clients include "Jeff Koons, "Carol Bove, "Nathan Mabry, "Matt Johnson, "Jacob Kassay.
- Mike Smith, who has worked on behalf of "Damien Hirst, "Rachel Whiteread, "Jake and Dinos Chapman, "Gavin Turk and "Michael Landy.
- "Ted Lawson, founder of Prototype New York, who has worked on behalf of "Jeff Koons, "Yoko Ono, "Mariko Mori, "Vanessa Beecroft, "Ellen Gallagher, "Keith Tyson and "Ghada Amer.
- "Smith of Derby Group, who have worked with Marianne Forrest and Wolfgang & Heron.
- Amaral Custom Fabrications, Inc. in "Bristol, Rhode Island, whose notable clients include "Roy Lichtenstein, "Keith Haring, "Martin Puryear, "Ryan McGinness, Robert Indiana, Jeff Koons, "Philip Grausman, and Hasbro.
- Master Art Fabrication, "Chiang Mai, Thailand, whose notable clients include "Charles Krafft, Doug Jeck, Trevor Foster, Kamol Tassananchalee
- ^ Lippincott, Jonathan D. (2010). Large Scale: Fabricating Sculpture in the 1960s and 1970s. New York, New York: Princeton Architectural Press. p. 256. "ISBN "9781568989341.
- ^ No Preservatives: Looking at LARGE SCALE; A Conversation with Jonathan Lippincott, Art21 Magazine, 15 Mar 2011, retrieved 26 Jan 2014
- ^ Large Scale: Lippincott Inc., the Paris Review Daily, 7 Dec 2010, retrieved 26 Jan 2014
- ^ "Carlson Arts LLC". carlsonartsllc.com. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- ^ "Standard Sculpture LLC". standardsculpture.com. Retrieved 2017-02-08.
- ^ Barber, Lynn (May 2001). "Some day, my plinth will come". The Guardian Observer. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- ^ Amaral Custom Fabrication, retrieved 28 April 2014