cloudHQ was founded in 2011 by Senad Dizdar. In 2013, both Naomi Assaraf joined on as co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer, and Blaz Lupiscek joined on as co-founder and Chief Technology Officer.
cloudHQ synchronizes data across virtually all cloud platforms, integrating files together to increase productivity, secure backups, and enhance team collaboration. It has 3 offerings described below:
- Productivity Chrome Extensions: cloudHQ realized that a lot of data was related back to email since everybody uses email. Because of that, they created over 30 freemium Chrome extensions to help keep you productive in email. You can see a list of them below.
- Data Loss Protection and Backup: They provide automated backups of your cloud information to fight against cyber security threats or accidental loss of files.
- Data Synchronization: They automatically sync your cloud information across multiple applications in real time. This means that you can access your current version of a file from virtually any application that you choose to use. For example, you can use Evernote in the morning on a project, pick up that same project from Google Docs in the afternoon, and end it in Dropbox. They are all synchronized together in real time, and have no versioning issues.
Productivity Chrome Extensions
- Save Emails to PDF: Save your emails and any attachments by converting them to PDF, CSV, or Microsoft Excel formats.
- Gmail Label and Email Sharing: Share Gmail labels, and have the ability to write notes about any emails in that label with a friend before replying back to them. This is a great tool for teams in: customer service, sales, or law teams.
- Gmail Email Templates: Find that perfect HTML email template to use before sending it out to a recipient. You can also import your Mailchimp" templates.
- Multi-Email Forward for Gmail: This is a quick way to select all the emails you'd like forwarded, and send them off to 1 recipient with a click of a button.
- Send Your Email to SMS Text: Send your email to any mobile number. 
- Free Screencast Recording for Gmail: Video screencast recording right from Gmail that captures your screen and your voice.
- Meeting Scheduler for Gmail: Easy, beautiful meeting calendar scheduler lets you send out a link so that other people can choose a meeting time with you based on your availability.
- Save and Backup my Emails: Backup all of your emails in just 3 simple steps.
- Auto BCC for Gmail: Auto BCC (or CC) your emails and rest assured that whoever should have a copy of your email, does. Automatically.
- Gmail Time Tracker: Time logging service to help you track your reading and writing in email, so that you can include it in your billable hours.
- Free HTML Editor for Gmail: Customize your emails with access to Gmail's HTML
- Free Video Email for Gmail: Record and send video directly from Gmail.
- Rename Email: Rename email subjects.
- Share Email As a Link: Create shareable links for your emails. You can use these links to share and reference your email in chats.
- Schedule Email: Schedule your email to send at a later date and time.
- Save Emails to Google Drive: In just 1 click, save your Gmail and its attachments directly to your Google Drive.
- Snooze Email: Snoozing your email will temporarily remove it from your inbox, but will reappear on the top of your inbox at the time for which you set it.
- Share and Attach Files in Gmail: Attach and share files effortlessly from OneDrive™, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Evernote and many more, in your Gmail email.
- Convert Google Docs to Gmail Drafts: Create beautiful emails by designing them in Google Docs.
- Save Emails to Dropbox: Save any Gmail email to Dropbox with one click.
- Save Emails to Sharepoint: Save any Gmail email to Sharepoint with one click.
- Save Emails to Salesforce: Save any Gmail email to Salesforce with one click.
- Edit Emails in Google Docs: Save and edit emails in Google Docs - directly from Gmail.
- Save Emails to OneDrive: Save any Gmail email to OneDrive with one click.
- Save Emails to Box: Save any Gmail email to Box with one click.
- Save Emails to OneNote: Save any Gmail email to OneNote with one click.
- Save Emails to OneDrive Business: Save any Gmail email to OneDrive Business with one click.
- Sync Google Drive with Box, Dropbox..: Sync, backup and integrate anything from your Dropbox, Salesforce, SharePoint, Google Gmail, Evernote, Box, OneDrive or Basecamp account with Google Drive.
- Sync SalesForce Contacts to Google Contacts: Get all your Salesforce contacts on your phone and in your Gmail by copying them into Google Contacts (and keeping them in sync).
- Gmail Notes: Highlight a section of an email that you received, and make a note about it. Keep it for yourself or email it to someone else.
Data Loss Protection and Backup
cloudHQ protects against data loss by its replication of data to a backup cloud account. As data loss incidents have steadily risen in recent years so have the costs of data loss incidents.
The cloudHQ backup service works by creating sync pairs between two cloud accounts. These cloud accounts can be through different services or the same service. For instance, data stored in Dropbox can be backed up to Box (or other cloud services), or it can be backed up to a separate Dropbox account. For security purposes, it is recommended that the secondary account does not use the same login authentication values as any other company account.
Here is an example of how cloudHQ works to prevent data loss:
- A company uses Dropbox as their main cloud provider. They decide to use Box as a backup account.
- The company sets up a one-way sync pair though cloudHQ. This enables all files (or just specific files and folders) to be automatically replicated to the Box account.
- As employees create, upload or revise files in the Dropbox account, all of these files and changes will be automatically and instantly replicated to the Box account.
- If a data loss incident happens in the Dropbox account, employees simply switch the Box account and continue working uninterrupted, which keeps downtime to a minimum. Restoration of files from Box back to Dropbox is simple and fast process.
- The company resumes its normal activities with no loss of data, money or productivity.
When a sync pair is created in the cloudHQ service, users are given the option to choose between one-way sync or two-way sync.
One-way sync: Replication will occur from one main cloud service to a secondary account, but if files are added or revised in the secondary account, the changes will not be reflected back to the original account.
Two-way sync: All file additions and revisions made in the main account will be replicated to the secondary account. All file additions and revisions made in the secondary account will be replicated back to the main account. This creates an exact copy of data in both cloud accounts.
The cloudHQ service runs automatically, constantly monitoring the user-specified cloud account for changes. When a new file is added, the file is instantly replicated to the secondary cloud account. All revisions made to existing files are also instantly replicated to the secondary cloud account. The objective of cloudHQ is to provide data synchronization to companies for several purposes:
- Sharing of files and data across multiple platforms
- Integration between cloud services that do not offer integration
- Create and maintain a centralized database of data from multiple cloud services
- Project collaboration across multiple platforms
- Backup of data to prevent data loss
cloudHQ is a cloud service that is compatible with the following cloud apps: "Google Drive, Microsoft Outlook 365, "Amazon S3, "Egnyte, "Amazon Cloud Drive, "Microsoft OneNote, "Box.com, "Evernote, "Dropbox, Inc, "Basecamp Classic, "SugarSync, "Gmail, "Google Calendar, "Google Contacts, "Microsoft Sharepoint, and "Yandex.
- ^ "How popular is cloudhq.net?".
- ^ "cloudHQ homepage". https://www.cloudhq.net/google_apps. Archived from [cloudHQ the original] on .
- ^ "About cloudHQ". https://cloudhq.net/about.
- ^ "cloudHQ LinkedIn".
- ^ Walters, Peter. "20 Life Hacks and Tools to Boost Productivity on Your Computer", ""Huffington Post", May 2, 2013.
- ^ Wong,Kristie. "Save Emails to PDF With This Chrome Extension"" ""Lifehacker", Los Angeles, 12 December 2016.
- ^ Author, Unknown. "Forward Multiple Emails In Gmail To Anyone Using This Chrome Extension", "Techguide", 24 February, 2017.
- ^ Wong, Kristin. "Forward Your Emails Via Text With This Chrome Extension", ""Lifehacker Australia", Australia, 10 December 2016.
- ^ Ansaldo, Michael. "5 essential Google Drive extensions for Chrome", ""PCWorld", San Francisco, July 18, 2016.
- ^ "Data Loss Statistics".
- ^ "The Cost Of Lost Data".
- ^ "8 Extensions That Make Google Drive More Powerful Than Dropbox".
- ^ "Back Up Your Data from Evernote, Google Drive, Dropbox and Other Cloud-Based Apps with CloudHQ".
- ^ "How to sync Dropbox with a Chromebook: it'll cost you".