See more Edward G. Lengel articles on AOD.
Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
=> Edward G. Lengel
[pageid] => 19036348
Edward G. Lengel is an "American military historian.
Lengel is Chief Historian of the White House Historical Association and the author of General George Washington: A Military Life, which was a finalist for the 2006 "George Washington Book Prize, and of Inventing George Washington: America's Founder, in Myth and Memory. He is a co-recipient of the National Humanities Medal (for his work on the George Washington Papers project), and his books have been honored with the Army Historical Foundation Distinguished Book Award, the Norman B. Tomlinson, Jr. prize, and other awards.
- The Irish through British eyes: perceptions of Ireland in the Famine era, Greenwood, 2002, "ISBN "978-0-275-97634-7
- World War I memories: an annotated bibliography of personal accounts published in English since 1919, Scarecrow, 2004, "ISBN "978-0-8108-5008-8
- General George Washington: A Military Life, Random House, 2005, "ISBN "978-1-4000-6081-8 (reprint Random House, Inc., 2008, "ISBN "978-0-8129-6950-4)
- This Glorious Struggle: George Washington's Revolutionary War letters, Editor Edward G. Lengel, Smithsonian Books, 2007, "ISBN "978-0-06-125131-3
- To Conquer Hell: The Meuse-Argonne, 1918, Macmillan, 2008, "ISBN "978-0-8050-7931-9 (2nd edition Henry Holt and Co., 2009, "ISBN "978-0-8050-8915-8)
- Thunder and Flames: Americans in the Crucible of Combat, 1917-1918, University Press of Kansas, 2015, "ISBN "978-0-7006-2084-5