See more Evan Thomas articles on AOD.
Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
=> Evan Thomas
[pageid] => 4411903
Evan Welling Thomas III (born April 25, 1951) is an "American "journalist, "historian, and "author. He is the author of nine books, including two New York Times bestsellers.
Life and career
Thomas was born in "Huntington, New York, and raised in nearby affluent "Cold Spring Harbor. A graduate of "Phillips Academy, "Harvard University (B.A.), and the "University of Virginia School of Law ("J.D.), from 1991 he was a reporter, writer, and editor at "Newsweek for 24 years. Prior to that, he was at "Time Magazine. Thomas began his reporting career at "The Bergen Record in northeastern New Jersey. He has won numerous journalism awards, including a "National Magazine Award in 1998.
Thomas was, for 20 years, a regular panelist on the weekly public affairs TV show "Inside Washington until the show ceased production in December 2013.
He taught writing and journalism at Harvard and Princeton between 2003 and 2014. For seven years, from 2007 to 2014, he was the Ferris Professor of Journalism in residence at Princeton.
He is the son of Anna Davis (née Robins) and Evan Welling Thomas II, an editor who worked for "HarperCollins and "W. W. Norton & Company. His grandfather, "Norman Thomas, was a six-time Presidential candidate for the "Socialist Party of America.
He is married, and he and his wife, an attorney, are the parents of two daughters, including writer "Louisa Thomas. They live in "Washington, D.C.
- "The Wise Men: Six Friends and the World They Made. "Walter Isaacson, Evan Thomas, Simon & Schuster, 1986; Simon & Schuster, 1997. "ISBN "978-0-684-83771-0
- The Man to See: The Life of Edward Bennett Williams. Simon & Schuster, 1992. "ISBN "978-0-671-79211-4
- The Very Best Men: The Early Years of the CIA. Simon & Schuster, 1996. "ISBN "978-0-684-82538-0
- Back from the Dead: How Clinton Survived the Republican Revolution. "Atlantic Monthly Press, 1997. "ISBN "978-0-87113-689-3
- Robert Kennedy: His Life. Simon & Schuster, 2000. "ISBN "978-0-684-83480-1
- John Paul Jones: Sailor, Hero, Father of the American Navy. Simon & Schuster, 2004. "ISBN "978-0-7432-5804-3
- Sea of Thunder: Four Naval Commanders and the Last Sea War. Simon & Schuster, 2007. "ISBN "9780743252225
- A Long Time Coming: The Inspiring, Combative 2008 Campaign and the Historic Election of Barack Obama. "PublicAffairs, 2009. "ISBN "9781586486075
- The War Lovers: Roosevelt, Lodge, Hearst, and the Rush to Empire, 1898, Little, Brown and Company, 2010, "ISBN "978-0-316-00409-1
- Ike's Bluff: President Eisenhower's Secret Battle to Save the World. "Little, Brown and Company, 2012.
- Being Nixon: A Man Divided. New York: Random House, 2015. "ISBN "978-0-8129-9536-7
- ^ a b Molotsky, Irvin (1986-09-09). "WASHINGTON TALK - BRIEFING - Newsweek Bureau Chief". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- ^ Kashner, Sam. "Sam Kashner on The Death of a President". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- ^ "Inside Washington". Insidewashington.tv. Archived from the original on 2011-08-07. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- ^ Farhi, Paul, "After more than 40 years, ‘Inside Washington’ will go off the air," washingtonpost.com, September 8, 2013.
- ^ ALEX KUCZYNSKIPublished: March 05, 1999 (1999-03-05). "Evan Thomas 2d Dies at 78; Published Many Best Sellers - New York Times". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- ^ "Princeton Alumni Weekly, Jan. 23rd 2008". Paw.princeton.edu. 2013-09-06. Retrieved 2013-12-08.