The biggest FINA event is the biennial World Aquatics Championships, currently held every odd year. It features competitions in all five aquatic disciplines. Prior to 2000, the event was held every 4 years, in the even year between (Summer) Olympic Games.
- Swimming: "World Swimming Championships (25m), (a.k.a. "Short Course Worlds"). Bi-annual event (in even years), swum in 25-meter length pool (Olympic and World Championships are in a 50m pool).
- Water Polo: "Water Polo World Leagues (men's and women's).
- Diving: "Diving World Series
- Open Water: "World Open Water Swimming Championships (a.k.a. "Open Water Worlds"). Even years from 2000-2010.
- Synchronized Swimming: "Synchro World Cup.
- High Diving: High Diving World Cup
- Masters: "World Masters Championships (a.k.a. "Masters Worlds"). Bi-annual, in even years. "Masters" competition is for adults (20 years old and up). This championships features all 5 disciplines.
In addition to the championships events listed above, FINA also organizes the following annual events, and sub-championships:
- World Cups: in "swimming, water polo ("men's, "women's), "diving, high diving, "open water (10Ks) and "synchro.
- Grand Prix: Annual race/competition series of multiple events in open water (races over 10-kilometers).
- Junior Worlds: A world-level championships restricted to a younger age population (typically under-18, though can vary by discipline/gender). Held in "swimming, water polo, diving, and synchronized swimming. Open Water began in 2012.
- World Men's Water Polo Development Trophy
- "FINA Athletes of the Year
- "International Swimming Hall of Fame (ISHOF)
- "List of international sport federations
- "Major achievements in swimming by nation
- The International Olympic Committee online listing of the international federations.
- FINA Sports page from the FINA website (www.fina.org); retrieved 2013-06-05.
- Report from/on the 2009 FINA General Congress held on 24 July 2009 and published by FINA on 2009-07-24. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- The National Federation page on the FINA website.
- "Kosovo is the 208th FINA member". FINA. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- Structure. FINA official website. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- FINA calendar of upcoming meetings. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- FINA Bureau page of the FINA website.
- FINA Committee list
- FINA Honorary Life President Lic. Javier Ostos Mora passes away at 92. Published 2008-11-07 by FINA. Retrieved 2008-11-10.
- FINA Media Kit for the 2010 FINA World Aquatics Convention; published by FINA on 2010-02-22; retrieved 2010-02-25. (The listing and structure of the "Events" section is based on the event listing in this packet.)
- www.fina.org FINA's website