See more GxP articles on AOD.
Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
[pageid] => 1186698
GxP is a general abbreviation for the "good practice" "quality guidelines and regulations. The "x" stands for the various fields, including the "pharmaceutical and "food industries, for example "good agricultural practice, or GAP.
A "c" or "C" is sometimes added to the front of the initialism. The preceding "c" stands for "current." For example, cGMP is an acronym for "current good manufacturing practice". The term GxP is frequently used to refer in a general way to a collection of quality guidelines.
The purpose of the GxP quality guidelines is to ensure a product is safe and meets its intended use. GxP guides quality manufacture in regulated industries including food, drugs, medical devices and cosmetics.
The most central aspects of GxP are:
- Traceability: the ability to reconstruct the development history of a drug or medical device.
- Accountability: the ability to resolve who has contributed what to the development and when.
Documentation is a critical tool for ensuring GxP adherence. For more information, see "good manufacturing practice.
Examples of GxPs
- Good auditing practice, or GAP
- "Good agricultural practice, or GAP
- Good agricultural and collection practices, or GACP(s)
- Good automated laboratory practice, or GALP
- "Good automated manufacturing practice, or GAMP
- Good business practice, or GBP
- "Good clinical data management practice, or GCDMP
- "Good clinical practice, or GCP
- Good cell culture practice, or GCCP
- "Good clinical laboratory practice, or GCLP
- "Good distribution practice, or GDP
- "Good documentation practice, or GDP, or GDocP (to distinguish from "good distribution practice")
- "Good engineering practice, or GEP
- Good financial practice, or GFP
- "Good guidance practice, or GGP
- Good hygiene practice, or GHP
- Good horticultural practice, or GHP
- "Good laboratory practice, or GLP
- "Good manufacturing practice, or GMP
- Good management practice, or GMP
- Good microbiological practice, or GMiP
- Good participatory practice, or GPP
- Good pharmacovigilance practice, or GPvP or even GVP
- Good pharmacy practice, or GPP
- Good policing practice, or GPP
- Good research practice, or GRP
- Good recruitment practice, or GRP
- "Good safety practice, or GSP
- Good storage practice, or GSP
- "Good tissue practice, or GTP