Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
Main article: "HP CloudSystem
"HP CloudSystem is a component of HP Cloud. It enables user organizations to burst workloads to external or internal cloud resources in times of increased workloads or when they want additional compute resources. This function is known as cloud bursting.
Industry sector packages
HP Cloud includes a number of packages for different industry sectors. For instance, HP Cloud Services for Airlines integrates "Software as a service (SaaS) and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) to the airline industry. Applications for that include HP Passenger Service Solution, which integrates travel and transportation industry applications into a single airline booking and travel SaaS environment.
HP Helion Professional Services
HP Professional Services consultants work with user organizations to help them create cloud environments. Businesses that engage with HP Professional Services are those that want to use hybrid cloud and other cloud configurations. These businesses receive advice on how they can implement cloud in a consistent manner and how to get value from their cloud investment. Businesses also receive advice on how to manage the cloud.
HP Cloud Advisory Services—Delivers information on the possible uses for cloud services and solutions and identifies opportunities to begin implementing cloud.
HP Cloud Strategy Services—Develops a business case for moving to cloud, plans how to shift some resources from traditional IT to cloud resources, and designs a multi-year strategy on how to incorporate private, public, and hybrid cloud with traditional IT environments.
HP Applications Transformation to Cloud Services—Delivers design, development, migration, and testing services to enable new and existing applications and business processes to run in the cloud.
HP Cloud Design Services—Provides user organizations with recommended practices for using cloud and frameworks for building detailed architectures and designs for cloud solutions.
HP Cloud Implementation Services—Helps build, integrate, migrate, and deploy cloud solutions based on detailed design and architecture with a transition to operations.
HP Cloud Operation Services—Provides support services for a company's cloud environment.
HP Cloud Education Services—Trains and certifies a company's IT staff and third-party partners to help them architect, integrate, and administer cloud solutions.
HP Helion OpenStack Professional Services—Consultants help a company plan, implement, and run HP clouds in a hybrid IT environment based on the OpenStack technology.
HP Helion Managed Virtual Private Cloud
"HP Enterprise Services is a global division of Hewlett-Packard that provides business and technology services and is a subsidiary of the HP Enterprise Business unit. HP Enterprise Services are designed to assist businesses with services that include cloud computing, systems integration, network and systems operations, data center management, and applications development. A "Virtual private cloud (VPC) consists of a collection of computing resources that are shared and allotted from within a public cloud installation’s "Multitenant architecture. The VPC can be configured on demand and allows one VPC user to be isolated from other VPC users.
HP Helion Managed Virtual Private Cloud is a managed cloud providing VPC features. It includes security features for businesses that connect to a public cloud through an on-site network, using "Software-defined networking technology. There are five different sizes of VPC installations. Businesses can either manage the VPC themselves or pay a fee to have HP manage it. Multiple copies of a "Virtual LAN (VLAN) are supplied with HP Helion Managed Virtual Private Cloud. This provides a method for businesses to connect through the "Firewall from their on-site network into the VPC, so that the VPC appears to be part of the on-site network.
Businesses that use HP Helion Managed Virtual Private Cloud receive "encrypted backup on a daily basis, performed by HP. The service also performs automated load balancing across the virtual servers in the cloud. Data is stored off-site for the "File systems and "Server operating systems. User organizations choose to retain this data by HP for 30, 60, or 90 days. HP retains local backups of "SQL Server or "Oracle databases in the HP data center for 15 or 30 days; offsite backups can be retained for 15 to 90 days. User organizations choose 50GB, 100GB, or one-terabyte blocks of Storage area network (SAN) storage for server nodes, for which high-availability clustering can be added. Instances for Microsoft "Windows Server, "Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server can be provided for HP Helion Managed Virtual Private Cloud.
HP As-a-Service Solution for "SAP HANA, a version of HP Helion Managed Virtual Private Cloud, is a service for the SAP HANA in-memory database. Migration services are for businesses that want to move to the SAP HANA platform. The system is designed to enable businesses to analyze big data. Similar services exist for Enterprise Cloud Services for Oracle and HP Enterprise Cloud Services for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. According to published reports, organizations using HP Enterprise Cloud Services for Microsoft Dynamics CRM can use CRM software in a secure fashion and not pay up front for the infrastructure to run it.
In November 2013, HP Enterprise Services opened in Barcelona the first of two planned data centers to host VPC in Spain. According to published reports, the data centers provide disaster recovery services and high availability. Acting as an investment partner in the project, the government of Catalonia has stated that it intends to use the HP Helion Managed Virtual Private Cloud to reduce by 25 to 30 percent the costs of its Centre for Telecommunications and Information Technology.
The offshore drilling company "Seadrill migrated its worldwide data center operations to HP Helion Managed Virtual Private Cloud in July 2013. According to published reports, Seadrill chose the HP product over competing "IBM and "Capgemini products because it believed the HP Helion Managed Virtual Private Cloud was less expensive and configured so that Seadrill could continue to run legacy applications in its own physical data center.
UNIT4 Business Software announced in February 2014 that it has contracted to use HP Helion Managed Virtual Private Cloud as a secure method to deliver services to its education clients in the United Kingdom.
HP Public Cloud
HP Public Cloud was a "public cloud service from "Hewlett-Packard (HP) that offered compute, "storage, and platform services that were accessible via the public Internet to developers, independent software vendors (ISVs), SMBs, and enterprises of all sizes (including public sector). HP built its cloud infrastructure using "OpenStack technology, an open source cloud infrastructure project, and planned to deliver end-to-end, converged cloud capabilities that let users manage their cloud deployments across hybrid, private, managed private, and public cloud delivery models with HP Public Cloud offering an open, interoperable, intuitive, and reliable public cloud option.
- Archival as a Service is the automated movement and retention of unstructured information in the cloud to improve performance, scale, and manageability of applications while conforming to compliance and e-discovery requirements. Data archiving is often confused with data backups, which are copies of active data which is needed for computing on a frequent basis.
- Backup as a Service is for organizations of all sizes that need to back-up active data regularly to avoid losses, stay compliant and preserve data integrity.
- Collaboration as a Service enables organizations to manage data and enable file/information sharing with minimal latency.
- PC and Mobile Backup and Synchronization enables enterprise and SMB workers to use multiple devices to create, share and access data.
- Big Data Processing to analyze and index large data volumes in the hundreds of petabytes in size, as well run distributed queries across multiple data sets and then returned in near real time.
- Enterprise Application Migration is an open cloud interface based on standards-based OpenStack APIs to support on-premises server migration. It provides a variety of solution tools from HP solution partners to deploy complex multi-tier applications.
- Managing Production Workloads
- Mobile Application Development and Deployment solutions provides the platform developers need to host existing software on the Internet and to host e-commerce, e-marketing, and SaaS sites as well.
- Test & Development solution enables access to dev/test environments on demand, and speed up time to market by deploying computing resources and adding capacity in minutes on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Database Archiving
- Bursting to the HP Cloud is a HP Public Cloud solution that provides enterprises a common architecture across "private cloud, managed cloud, and public cloud with traditional IT infrastructures to “Burst” from smaller private clouds into the public cloud during peak demand periods. HPCS is integrated with "HP CloudSystem, cloud infrastructure from HP that combines storage, servers, networking and software for organizations to build complete private, public and hybrid "cloud computing environments.
- HP Cloud Compute is a "public cloud compute solution that can deliver a "virtual server on demand. New virtual servers, or compute instances, can be brought online in seconds and can be fully customized to meet a variety of computing needs. It is built on OpenStack's open source operating environment and enhanced with unique HP technology.
- HP Cloud Object Storage is a public cloud storage solution that delivers secure, scalable capacity on demand. Storage capacity can be obtained online in seconds, allowing a flexible, manageable computing environment.
- HP Cloud Content Delivery Network (CDN) is a webservice that delivers data from HP Cloud Object Storage to users all around the world. Using an extensive global network of servers from HP and Akamai Technologies, HP Cloud CDN routes content to local servers closest to customers.
- HP Cloud Block Storage enables organizations to store data from HP Cloud Compute instances for as long as needed. HP Cloud Block Storage is ideal for applications requiring frequent read/write access such as web applications.
- HP Cloud Relational Database is a managed, web-based service that provides users with on-demand access to a relational database in the cloud.
- HP Cloud Load Balancers are a managed load balancing service that allow for the automatic distribution of incoming traffic across compute resources.
- HP Cloud DNS is an enterprise-grade domain name system featuring anycast routing.
- HP Cloud Monitoring delivers fundamental compute and block storage metrics, providing visibility into resource utilization, application performance, and operational health.
- HP Cloud Application Platform as a Service is an application platform for development, deployment, and management of cloud applications using any language on any stack.
HP Public Cloud had created a Cloud Partner Ecosystem that enabled partners to provide services that use the HP Public Cloud infrastructure. The Solution Partners program was designed to help Solution Partners enhance their cloud offering and increase exposure to new customers and markets. Solution Partners offered software, applications and cloud services on top of and/or integrated with HP Public Cloud. The program consisted of a set of tools, best practices, documentation, and support.
Solution partners such as "platform as a service (PaaS) and "software as a service (SaaS) vendors provide cloud-based web services including:
The Public Cloud Program for VARs enables channel partners to expand their cloud portfolio and market reach. Examples of partner and company types that benefit from this program include:
- "Value-added resellers
- Channel partners
- Consulting firms
- Content services, e.g., websites, mobile apps, intranet sites
- Deployment, migration, and transformation services
- Digital agencies
- "Systems integrator (SIs)
- Professional services
The Public Cloud Program for GSIs enables system integrators to expand their cloud practice with the complete HP Converged Cloud offering including HP Public Cloud.
- ^ a b Jackson, Joab. "HP launches converged cloud business unit," Computerworld. January 14, 2013 
- ^ Dignan, Larry. "HP pushes Converged Cloud strategy," ZDNet. April 10, 2012. 
- ^ Hesseldahl, Arik. "HP creates converged cloud unit, names Gillai to run it," AllThingsD. January 11, 2013 
- ^ Timothy Prickett Morgan (December 5, 2012). "HP's public cloud open for compute business". "The Register.
- ^ Andy Oram (April 14, 2012). "MySQL in 2012:Report from Percona Live". "O'Reilly Media.
- ^ Amber Fisher (July 12, 2012). "HP Cloud Object Storage and CDN Move to General Availability". HP Cloud.
- ^ Stephen Spector (July 1, 2013). "HP Cloud DNS at Your Service". HP Cloud.
- ^ Spencer E. Ante (December 9, 2013). "H-P Moves to Capture More of the Cloud". "WSJ.
- ^ Osborne, Charlie. (2014-5-7). "HP to invest $1bn in open-source cloud computing, launches Helion portfolio," ZDNet.com. 
- ^ "HP is giving up on competing with Amazon's cloud". Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- ^ "Bye-bye, HP public cloud: 5 no-bull takeaways". InfoWorld. 22 October 2015.
- ^ a b c d Gohring, Nancy. "Private cloud vs. public cloud vs. hybrid cloud," NetworkWorld. November 2, 2011. 
- ^ Courbanou, Dave. "HP unveils hybrid cloud delivery solution for enterprises," TalkinCloud. January 25, 2011. 
- ^ Kleyman, Bill. "Which Cloud Delivery Model is Right for Your Business?" July 2, 2013. Datacenterknowledge.com 
- ^ a b Linthicum, David. "Why the hybrid cloud model is the best approach," InfoWorld. January 27, 2011. 
- ^ Ness, Gregory. "Hybrid is a whole new cloud," Seeking Alpha. December 14, 2012.
- ^ a b Hurwitz, Judith; Kaufman, Marcia; Halper, Fern; Kirsch, Dan. "For Dummies: Exploring Hybrid Cloud Delivery Models," June 2012. "ISBN 978-1-118-12719-3 
- ^ a b Longbottom, Clive. "How to move data and applications in the cloud," Computerweekly. Retrieved April 9, 2013. 
- ^ a b c Claybrook, Bill. "Resolving cloud application migration issues," SearchCloudComputing.Retrieved April 9, 2013. 
- ^ Claybrook, Bill. "Cloud interoperability: Problems and best practices," Computerworld. June 1, 2011. 
- ^ a b c Huston, Chad, Little, Gard, and Segal, Rebecca. (2013). "IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Cloud Professional Services 2013 Vendor Analysis," 
- ^ a b c Mooshian, Cassandara. (2014-2-21). "Industry-aligned cloud and digital portfolio enhancements will better position HP Services for growth in 2015," TBR. 
- ^ a b Venkatraman, Archana. (2013-06-13). "HP beefs up its converged cloud services, launches Cloud OS," ComputerWeekly.com. 
- ^ Butler, Brandon. (2014-02-27). "Help! Most enterprises turn to consultants when using the cloud," NetworkWorld.com. 
- ^ Bernard, Allen. "Is converged infrastructure the future of the datacentre?" Computerworld. March 20, 2013 
- ^ Piranio, Antonio. "Consolidation: Shrinking Our Way to Data Center 3.0," DataCenterKnowledge. March 14, 2013. 
- ^ a b c Babcock, Charles. "HP Converged Cloud plan uses hardened OpenStack," InformationWeek, April 10, 2012 
- ^ Butler, Brandon. "HP betting big on cloud to help company turn around," NetworkWorld. October 22, 2012 
- ^ a b c Wittman, Art. "HP, Dell create clouds for the rest of us," InformationWeek. April 10, 2012 
- ^ "Rackspace, HP go all in with OpenStack". NetworkWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-25.
- ^ Kleyman, Bill. "Agility by easily tapping new capacity," DataCenterKnowledge. April 2, 2013 
- ^ Miller, Colleen. "RightScale: Cloud Bursting Tames Traffic Spikes," Oct. 11, 2011. Datacenterknowledge.com 
- ^ Lee, Justin. "HP expands converged cloud portfolio with new services," Web Hosting Industry Review. June 5, 2012. 
- ^ a b Shaman, Josh. (2013-06-12). "HP Converged Cloud Expansion Announced," StorageReview.com. 
- ^ (2014-5-7). "HP Launches HP Helion Portfolio of Cloud Products and Services," The Wall Street Journal.com. 
- ^ a b Venkatraman, Archana. (2013-8-27). “Case study: Seadrill migrates in-house datacenter to virtual private cloud in six months,” ComputerWeekly.com. 
- ^ a b c d e f Morgan, Prickett. (2012-06-06). "HP puffs up virtual private clouds," TheRegister.com. 
- ^ Ribeiro, John. (2013-8-25). “HP introduces SAP HANA based cloud service,” PCWorld.com. 
- ^ Bust, Rene. (2013-10-31). “HP Cloud Portfolio: Overview & Analysis,” CloudUser.de. 
- ^ Rosencrance, Linda. (2011-6-3). “Latest Virtual Private Cloud Offering Comes from HP, Emphasizes Security and Privacy for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Users,” MSDynamicsWorld.com. 
- ^ a b c Villarrubia, Celia. (2013-11-11). "HP Opens First Center Virtual Private Cloud for Spain," DatacenterDynamics.com. 
- ^ Sullivan, Denise. (2014-2-4). “UNIT4 and HP Enterprise Services Announce HP as Managed Cloud Platform,” 
- ^ Layo, Irmee. "HP Launches New Products, Cloud OS and the Moonshot - CloudTimes". Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- ^ a b Stephen Spector (Sept 10, 2013) : http://www.datamation.com/cloud-computing/hp-expands-cloud-services.html
- ^ "Helion Hybrid Cloud Computing Infrastructure Solutions - Hewlett Packard Enterprise". Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- ^ "Helion Hybrid Cloud Computing Infrastructure Solutions - Hewlett Packard Enterprise". Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- ^ "HP Cloud Launches a Duo of Partner Programs and a Trio of New Services". Retrieved 3 September 2016.