Part 606 describes this type of non-contact areal based method. The operating principle is based on a microscope optics with limited depth of field and a CCD camera. By scanning in vertical direction several images with different focus are gathered. This data is then used to calculate a surface data set for roughness measurement.
- "Surface roughness
- "Surface metrology
- "MountainsMap: surface texture analysis software
- "ISO 16610: filters for surface texture
- ISO 25178 on the ISO Web site
- New 3D parameters and filtration techniques for surface metrology, François Blateyron, Quality Magazine White Paper
- ISO/TS 16610-1 : Geometric Product Specifications (GPS): Filtration – Part 1: Overview and basic concepts
- ISO/TS 14406 : Geometric Product Specifications (GPS): Extraction
- Blateyron, F. (2013). The Areal Field Parameters. Characterisation of Areal Surface Texture. R. Leach, Springer Berlin Heidelberg: 15-43.
- de Groot, P. J. (2014). Progress in the specification of optical instruments for the measurement of surface form and texture. Proc. SPIE. 9110: 91100M-91101-91112.
- Leach, R. K., Ed. (2013). Characterisation of Areal Surface Texture. Heidelberg, Springer