See more John E. Ferling articles on AOD.
Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
=> John E. Ferling
[pageid] => 23501054
|John E. Ferling
Ferling in 2015
"Charleston, West Virginia, U.S.
||Historian, Author, Professor (retired 2004)
||American revolution historian
||Lifetime Achievement Award / Fraunces Tavern Book Award
John E. Ferling (born 1940) is a "professor emeritus of "history at the "University of West Georgia. As a leading historian in the "American Revolution and founding era, he has appeared in television documentaries on "PBS, the "History Channel, "C-SPAN "Book TV, and the "Learning Channel.
Ferling was born in 1940 in "Charleston, West Virginia. He grew up in "Texas City, Texas. He attended Sam Houston State University, and later received a master's degree in history from "Baylor University. Ferling taught for 39 years, mostly at the "University of West Georgia. He retired from teaching to spend more time writing.
- The Ascent of George Washington: The Hidden Political Genius of an American Icon
- Almost a Miracle: The American Victory in the War of Independence
- The Loyalist Mind: Joseph Galloway and the American Revolution 
- A Wilderness of Miseries: War and Warriors in Early America 
- The First of Men: A Life of George Washington
- Struggle for a Continent: The Wars of Early America 
- John Adams: A Life 
- Setting the World Ablaze: Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and the American Revolution 
- A Leap in the Dark: The Struggle to Create the American Republic 
- Adams vs. Jefferson: The Tumultuous Election of 1800 
- Independence: The Struggle to Set America Free (published June 21, 2011)
- Jefferson and Hamilton: "The Rivalry That Forged A Nation"*
- Ferling, John E. (2015). Whirlwind: the American Revolution and the War that Won It. Bloomsbury Press. "ISBN "9781620401729.
- ^ "Hooks Book Events – Interactive Author Programs – Washington, DC – Home". hooksbookevents.com.
- ^ a b c d "John Ferling – Biography". johnferling.com.
- ^ Professor Emeritus Receives NYC Prize. University of West Georgia (April 13, 2009)
- ^ "AlumniDen – Alumni Association". westga.edu.
- ^ "Amazon.com: The Ascent of George Washington: The Hidden Political Genius of an American Icon (9781596914650): John Ferling: Books". amazon.com.
- ^ Ferling, J.E. (2007), Almost a miracle: the American victory in the War of Independence, Oxford University Press, "ISBN "9780195181210, "OCLC 85898929, retrieved July 5, 2009
- ^ "Almost A Miracle". oup.com.
- ^ *Ferling, J. E. (1977). The Loyalist Mind: Joseph Galloway and the American Revolution. Pennsylvania State University Press. "ISBN "0271005149. "OCLC 3088790.
- ^ Ferling, J.E. (1980). A wilderness of miseries: war and warriors in early America. Greenwood Press. "ISBN "031322093X. "OCLC 5706410.
- ^ Ferling, J.E.; Societies, American Council of Learned (1988), The first of men: A life of George Washington
- ^ Ferling, J. (1993), "Struggle for a Continent: The Wars of Early America", America's First World War: the French and Indian War, 1754–1763, Harlan Davidson
- ^ Ferling, J. (1992), John Adams: a life, Univ. of Tennessee Press, "ISBN "0870497308, "OCLC 243731777
- ^ Ferling, J.E. (2000). Setting the World Ablaze: Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and the American Revolution. Oxford University Press. "ISBN "0195134095. "OCLC 43118302.
- ^ Ferling, J.E. (2003), A leap in the dark: the struggle to create the American republic, "ISBN "0195159241, "OCLC 51511252, retrieved July 5, 2009
- ^ Ferling, J.E. (2004), Adams vs. Jefferson: the tumultuous election of 1800, "ISBN "0195167716, "OCLC 54959849
- ^ "Independence: The Struggle to Set America Free: John Ferling: 9781608190089: Amazon.com: Books". amazon.com.
- ^ Ferling, John E. (2013). Jefferson and Hamilton: "The Rivalry That Forged A Nation". Bloomsbury Press. "ISBN "9781608195282. "OCLC 826322983.