Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
WikipediaAudio is not affiliated with Wikipedia or the WikiMedia Foundation.
This article is a list of "Chinese "philosophers.
School of Military
Imperial era philosophers
- "Zhou Dunyi, argued for the inseparability of metaphysics and ethics.
- "Cheng Yi, made enemies with other philosophers, resulting in his works being banned.
- "Cheng Hao, brother to Cheng Yi.
- "Zhu Xi (Chu Hsi), "rationalist and leading figure of the School of Principle.
- "Han Yu, precursor to Neo-Confucianism, essayist, and poet.
- "Lu Jiuyuan, saw moral conduct as a consequence of intuitive insights into the essence of reality.
- "Shao Yong, considered one of the most scholarly men of the time.
- "Su Shi, accomplished Song Dynasty writer.
- "Ye Shi, stressed practical learning and applying Confucian doctrine to real world problems.
- "Zhang Zai, everything is composed of "qi, and that fact explains everything.
- "Lai Zhide, created the "Taijitu.
- "Li Ao
- "Liu Zongzhou – considered the last master of Song-Ming Neo-Confucianism.
Philosophers that cannot be easily categorised