Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
WikipediaAudio is not affiliated with Wikipedia or the WikiMedia Foundation.
Nottingham Crown Court, or more formally the High Court of Justice and Crown Court, Nottingham is a "Crown Court and "High Court of Justice in "Nottingham, England.
The building houses Nottingham Crown Court, Nottingham Family Court, The High Court of Justice and Nottingham County Court.
The building, on Canal Street in Nottingham city centre, was designed by the Property Services Agency (architects P. Harvard, K. Bates and J. Mansell). Courts first sat in the building from 1981.
Previously the Crown Court sat in the "Shire Hall on High Pavement.
- February 1984 – Conviction of Norman Smith for the murder of "Susan Renhard
- May 1993 – Conviction of nurse "Beverley Allitt for the murder and attempted murder of 13 children at "Grantham and Kesteven Hospital
- July 2004 – Conviction of Alan Pennell, 16, for the murder of Luke Walmsley, 14
- May 2005 – Conviction of Peter Williams for the murder of jeweller Marian Bates
- October 2005 – Conviction of Mark Kelly and Junior Andrews for the murder of schoolgirl Danielle Beccan
- December 2009 – Conviction of Susan Bacon, Michael Bacon and Peter Jacques for the murder of gamekeeper Nigel Bacon
- January 2010 – Conviction of Stewart Hutchinson, jailed for life for the "murder of Colette Aram
- January 2011 – Collapse of the trial of climate protestors charged with conspiring to shut down "Ratcliffe-on-Soar Power Station
- April 2013 – Conviction of "Mick Philpott and others for the manslaughter of six of his children in a house fire in Derby
"Coordinates: 52°56′54″N 1°08′48″W / 52.94833°N 1.14667°W