See more Outline of the European Union articles on AOD.
Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
=> Outline of the European Union
[pageid] => 458943
The following hierarchical "outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to the European Union:
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political union of 28 member states, located primarily in Europe. Committed to "regional integration, the EU was established by the "Treaty of Maastricht on 1 November 1993 upon the foundations of the pre-existing "European Economic Community. With 500 million citizens, the EU combined generates an estimated 30% share (US$18.4 trillion in 2008) of the nominal "gross world product. The EU has seven principle decision making bodies known as the Institutions of the European Union, while the adoption of laws and coordination of EU policies is the role of the Council of the European Union which currently meets in ten different configurations.
Map showing the Member States of the European Union (clickable)
- Other bodies
- Related Organisations
Law and policy
A map of the per capita GDP in Europe
- "Treaties of the European Union – Founding and amending treaties (primary legislation)
- EU Policy Areas
- "European Union law
- Forms of Secondary Legislation
- Topics of Secondary Legislation
- Directives and Regulations of Secondary Legislation:
A topographic map of Europe
A satellite composite image of Europe
- ^ Jackson, James K. (9 March 2009). "The Financial Crisis: Impact on and Response by the European Union" (pdf). Federation of American Scientists: Congressional Research Service. p. 28. Retrieved 6 July 2009.
The European Union is a political and economic union of 27 member states, formally established in 1993 by the Treaty of Maastricht out of existing structures that had evolved in steps since the 1950s.
- ^ Permanent Mission of France to the United Nations. "What is the European Union?". Archived from the original on 3 March 2009. Retrieved 6 July 2009.
Europe is a geographical and cultural notion. The European Union is a political and economic union among 27 States on the European continent
- ^ "Cabinet statement on German EU Presidency". Regierung Online. Press and Information Office of the [German] Federal Government. 5 November 2006. Retrieved 6 July 2009.
The European Union is a political union...
- ^ "European Union", New Oxford Dictionary of English, Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, 2001, p. 635, "ISBN "0-19-860441-6:"an economic and political association of certain European countries as a unit with internal free trade and common external tariffs...."
- ^ Craig, Paul; Grainne De Burca; P. P. Craig (2006). EU Law: Text, Cases and Materials (4th ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press. p. 15. "ISBN "978-0-19-927389-8.; "Treaty of Maastricht on European Union". Activities of the European Union. Europa web portal. Retrieved 20 October 2007.
- ^ "World Economic Outlook Database, April 2009 Edition". "International Monetary Fund. April 2009. Retrieved 24 April 2009.
Gross domestic product, current prices; US dollars, Billions;
2007 = 16,927.173
Gross domestic product based on purchasing-power-parity (PPP) valuation of country GDP; Current international dollar, Billions;
2007 = 14,762.109
2008 = 15,247.163
2009 = 14,774.525 [projection]
GDP based on PPP share of world total
2007 = 22.605%
2008 = 22.131% 2009 = 21.609% [projection]
World "GDP", current prices; US dollars, Billions;
2007 = 54,840.873
2009= 54,863.551 [projection]
These data were published in 2009. Data for 2009 are projections based on a number of assumptions.