Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
WikipediaAudio is not affiliated with Wikipedia or the WikiMedia Foundation.
sticks in a variety of colors
Pastels or pastel colors are the family of colors which, when described in the "HSV color space, have high "value and low to intermediate "saturation. The name comes from "pastels, art media characteristic of this color family. The colors of this family are usually described as "soothing", "soft", "near neutral", "milky", "washed out", "desaturated", and lacking strong chromatic content.
"Pink, "mauve, and "baby blue are typical pastel colors.
In the 1980s, there was a huge trend of pastel colors in men's fashion. In particular, the NBC television police series "Miami Vice popularized what was already a growing trend even further as its lead character Sonny Crocket ("Don Johnson) all but exclusively wore pastel shirts and suits, setting a fashion that stood popular even years after the show ended. The abundance of pastel was also visible in the shooting locations with "Art Deco buildings around the Miami area.
"Crochetted pink bra from the 1940s on a clothes line
- ^ Gilbert, Beverly Ash (2009). Beaded Colorways: Freeform Beadweaving Projects and Palettes. Cincinnati, OH: North Light Books. p. 13. "ISBN "9781600613180. Retrieved July 27, 2013.
- ^ Whitaker, Jerry C. (1996). "Principles of Light, Vision, and Photometry". In Whitaker, Jerry C. The Electronics Handbook. Boca Raton, Fla.: CRC Press. p. 85. "ISBN "9780849383458. Retrieved July 27, 2013.
- ^ Clark, Sally (2003). House Beautiful Magazine, ed. House Beautiful Color: Bright Ideas for Every Room. New York: Sterling Publishing Company. p. 27. "OCLC 61439232. Retrieved July 22, 2013.
- ^ McCarthy, Michael; Felicity O'Dell (2002). English Vocabulary in Use (Advanced). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. p. 154. "ISBN "9780521653978. "OCLC 49550686. Retrieved July 27, 2013.
- ^ Weber, Jeanette (1990). Clothing: Fashion, Fabrics, Construction. McGraw-Hill Education. "ISBN "9780026401616.
"" Media related to Pastel colors at Wikimedia Commons