Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
WikipediaAudio is not affiliated with Wikipedia or the WikiMedia Foundation.
A periodization of capitalism seeks to distinguish stages of development that help understanding of features of "capitalism through time. The best-known periodizations that have been proposed distinguish these stages as:
- Early or concurrential/ "monopoly/ "state monopoly capitalism ("Sweezy etc.)
- Free trade/ monopoly/ "finance capitalism ("Hilferding etc.)
- Early capitalism ("primitive accumulation)/ "colonialism/ "imperialism ("Hobson, Lenin, Bukharin)
- "Extensive stage/ "intensive stage/ ("late capitalism) ("Aglietta)
The "Marxist periodization of capitalism into the stages: agricultural capitalism, "merchant capitalism, industrial capitalism and "state capitalism.
Another periodization includes "merchant capitalism, industrial and "finance capitalism, and "global capitalism. 
- Aglietta, Michel, Régulation et crises du capitalisme, Kalmann-Lévy, Paris, 1976
- ^ Rutherford, Donald. Routledge Dictionary of Economics. pages 70
- ^ Dunning, John H. global capitalism at bay? pages 49
- ^ Dunning, John H. Making Globalization Good. pages 181
- ^ Davis Jerome. Capitalism and Its Culture. page 12