See more Psalm 113 articles on AOD.
Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
=> Psalm 113
[pageid] => 26869667
Psalm 113 is the 113th "psalm of the "Book of Psalms (Psalm 112 in Greek "Septuagint and Latin "Vulgate). It is very similar to the "Song of Hannah.
The psalm is often known by its first two words, Laudate pueri, and there are many musical settings – including "Claudio Monteverdi's "Vespro della Beata Vergine of 1610.
In "Hebrew the opening line is an "acrostic "poem: הַלְלוּ-יָהּ: הַלְלוּ, עַבְדֵי יְהוָה; הַלְלוּ, אֶת-שֵׁם יְהוָה.
Uses within Judaism
- ^ "David Noel Freedman, Psalm 113 and the Song of Hannah, in: Pottery, Poetry and Prophecy: Studies in Early Hebrew Poetry (Winona Lake: Eisenbrauns, 1980), p. 243–261.
- ^ The Complete Artscroll Siddur page 633
- ^ The Complete Artscroll Siddur page 265
- ^ The Complete Artscroll Siddur page 185
- ^ The Complete Artscroll Siddur page 759
- ^ The Complete Artscroll Machzor for Rosh Hashanah page 503
- ^ The Complete Artscroll Siddur page 64