Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
WikipediaAudio is not affiliated with Wikipedia or the WikiMedia Foundation.
Psalm 120 is the 120th "psalm from the "Book of Psalms. It is one of 15 psalms that begins with the words ""A song of ascents" (Shir Hama'alot).
According to the rule of St. "Benedict set to 530, this "Psalm was sung or recited during the third office during the week, namely from Tuesday until Saturday, followed by Psalm 121 (120) and Psalm 122 (121) and after the offices of the Sunday and Monday were spent on Psalm 119, who is the longest among the 150 psalms.
In the Liturgy of the Hours, Psalm 120 is now recited in "Vespers Monday of the fourth semaine.
- ^ Commentaires sur les psaumes, d’Hilaire de Poitiers, (IVe siècle, Paris, Éditions du Cerf, 2008, collection sources chrétiennes) n°515,
- ^ Commentaires sur les psaumes, de saint John Chrysostome(IVe siècle,)
- ^ The Complete Artscroll Siddur page 530
- ^ Règle de saint Benoît, traduction par Prosper Guéranger, (Abbaye Saint-Pierre de Solesmes, 2007) p46
- ^ Le cycle principal des prières liturgiques se déroule sur quatre semaines.