Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
WikipediaAudio is not affiliated with Wikipedia or the WikiMedia Foundation.
Psalm 123 is the 123rd "psalm from the "Book of Psalms. It is one of 15 psalms that begins with the words ""A song of ascents" (Shir Hama'a lot).
Since the "Middle Ages, this psalm was traditionally performed during the office of Sext week, namely from "Tuesday until Saturday, according to the "Rule of St. Benedict set in 530"AD.
In the Liturgy of Hours today, Psalm 123 is recited or sung at "Vespers on Monday the third semaine, as the psalm that follows. In the liturgy of the Mass, it is read on the third Sunday in Ordinary Time of the year.
- ^ The Complete Artscroll Siddur page 530
- ^ The Complete Artscroll Siddur page 139
- ^ D’après le Complete Artscroll Siddur, compilation des prières juives.
- ^ "Prosper Guéranger, Règle de saint Benoît, traduction, (Abbaye Saint-Pierre de Solesmes, réimpression 2007) p46.
- ^ Le cycle des lectures des messes du dimanche se déroule sur trois ans.