See more Shaun Gallagher articles on AOD.
Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
=> Shaun Gallagher
[pageid] => 6514992
Shaun Gallagher is an Irish-American "philosopher who works on embodied cognition, "social cognition, "agency and the philosophy of "psychopathology. Since 2011 he has held the Lillian and Morrie Moss Chair of Excellence in Philosophy at the "University of Memphis and was awarded the Anneliese Maier Research Award by the "Humboldt Foundation (2012-2018). Since 2014 he has been Professorial Fellow on the Faculty of Law, Humanities and the Arts at the "University of Wollongong in Australia. He has held visiting positions at Keble College, Oxford; Humboldt University, Berlin; Ruhr Universität, Bochum; Husserl Archives, ENS, Paris; Ecole Normale Supériure, Lyon; University of Copenhagen; and the Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, Cambridge University.
Gallagher received his PhD in philosophy from "Bryn Mawr College. He also studied philosophy at "Villanova University and "Leuven, and economics at the "State University of New York–Buffalo.
Gallagher co-edits the journal Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences, and is the author of several books, including Enactivist Interventions: Rethinking the Mind (2017), How the Body Shapes the Mind (2005), Phenomenology (2012), Hermeneutics and Education (1992), The Inordinance of Time (1998), Brainstorming (2008), and (with "Dan Zahavi), The Phenomenological Mind (2008; 2nd edition, 2012), and with several co-authors), The Neurophenomenology of Awe and Wonder (2015), He is also editor of The Oxford Handbook of the Self (2011) and several other volumes.
- Enactivist Interventions: Rethinking the Mind (Oxford: "Oxford University Press, 2017)
- Phenomenology (London: "Palgrave Macmillan, 2012)
- The Oxford Handbook of the Self (ed) ("Oxford University Press, 2011)
- Handbook of Phenomenology and Cognitive Science. Co-edited with D. Schmicking (Berlin: "Springer, 2010)
- The Phenomenological Mind ("Routledge; 2008). Second edition (2012), co-authored with "Dan Zahavi. Translations: Hungarian (2008); Italian (2009); Danish (2010); Japanese (2011); Korean (2013); Spanish (2013); Polish (2015); Arabic (2016).
- Brainstorming: Views and Interviews on the Mind (Exeter, UK: Imprint Academic, 2008)
- Does Consciousness Cause Behavior? An Investigation of the Nature of Volition. Co-edited with W. Banks and S. Pockett (Cambridge, MA: "MIT Press, 2006)
- How the Body Shapes the Mind (Oxford University Press; 2005) Chinese translation (2009)
- Ipseity and Alterity: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Intersubjectivity. Co-edited with S. Watson (Rouen: Publications de l'Université de Rouen, 2004)
- Models of the Self. Co-edited with J. Shear (Exeter, UK: Imprint Academic, 1999)
- The Inordinance of Time ("Northwestern University Press, 1998)
- Hegel, History, and Interpretation. Editor (Albany: "State University of New York Press, 1997)
- Merleau-Ponty, Hermeneutics, and Postmodernism. Co-edited with T. Busch. (Albany: State University of New York Press, 1992)
- Hermeneutics and Education (State University of New York Press; 1992)
- ^ Joly I. (2011). Le Corps sans représentation. De Jean-Paul Sartre à Shaun Gallagher, Paris, L'Harmattan