See more Solar power in Iowa articles on AOD.
Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
=> Solar power in Iowa
[pageid] => 36103579
Solar power in Iowa is in limited, with only 27 MW installed by 2015, ranking the state 29th among U.S. states. Iowa's position as a major "wind power provider may have limited early solar investment. Solar on rooftops can provide 20% of all electricity used in "Iowa. On June 7, 2012, Sky Factory in "Fairfield became the first company in the state to generate all of their electricity from solar power, with the installation of a 54 kW 3500 sq. ft. solar array. Prior to that one of the largest arrays was the 15.75 kW array on the "Marshalltown Public Library. An 800 kW array near "Kalona was the largest in the state when it went online in July, 2014.
"Net metering is available continuously to all consumers generating up to 500 kW, one of the best policies in the country but is given a B because of not being available to large, megawatt users. A "feed-in tariff is available for customers of the Farmers Electrical Cooperative for up to 25% of their electricity. It pays 20 cents/kWh for electricity generated, none of which can be directly used – a separate meter is required, in a parallel connection, making it a power purchase agreement, instead of a feed-in tariff. The state of Iowa has proposed a feed-in tariff, in Senate bill SF 225. A separate rate applies for systems less than 20 kW and systems from 20 kW to less than 20 MW.
In December 2011, Des Moines-based MidAmerican Energy Holdings, a "Berkshire Hathaway company, purchased the "Topaz Solar Farm, which when completed, at 550 MW, was the "largest in the world.
|Iowa Grid-Connected PV Capacity (MW)
- ^ Iowa Fact Sheet, Solar Energy Industries Association, accessed May 19, 2016
- ^ Report Argues for a Decentralized System of Renewable Power Generation
- ^ Heartland business becomes the first entirely solar-powered company in Iowa
- ^ Fairfield business says solar power will make it “net zero”
- ^ Sky Factory Goes 100% Solar
- ^ Our Green Library
- ^ Kalona solar farm honored by international organization, Iowa City Press-Citizen, Nick Fetty, November 23, 2014
- ^ Iowa - Net Metering
- ^ Freeing the Grid
- ^ Farmers Electric Cooperative (Kalona) - Renewable Energy Purchase Rate
- ^ Iowa Considering Feed-in Tariffs
- ^ SF 225
- ^ First Solar Sells California Solar Farm to MidAmerican Energy Holdings
- ^ Topaz, the Largest Solar Plant in the World, Is Now Fully Operational
- ^ "PV Watts". NREL. Retrieved 10 June 2012.
- ^ Sherwood, Larry (August 2012). "U.S. Solar Market Trends 2011" (PDF). Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC). Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- ^ Sherwood, Larry (June 2011). "U.S. Solar Market Trends 2010" (PDF). Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC). Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- ^ Sherwood, Larry (July 2009). "U.S. Solar Market Trends 2008" (PDF). Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC). p. 16. Retrieved 2010-07-24.
- ^ Sherwood, Larry (July 2012). "U.S. Solar Market Trends 2012" (PDF). Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC). p. 16. Retrieved 2013-10-11.
- ^ Sherwood, Larry (July 2014). "U.S. Solar Market Trends 2013" (PDF). Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC). Retrieved 2014-09-26.
- ^ Iowa Solar