Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
WikipediaAudio is not affiliated with Wikipedia or the WikiMedia Foundation.
||Look up sport in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
"Sport is organised or unorganised recreation. Today it usually implies competition, usually implies following rules, and often means competitive "sports and "games. Originally in English, sport is "leisure, as in hunting or fishing "wildlife for entertainment rather than for subsistence or for the market. See "sport, etymology and meaning.
Sport or sports may also refer to:
- A "macromutation, traditionally called a sport, notably by Charles Darwin
- "Sport (botany), a part of a plant that shows morphological differences from the rest of the plant, typically as a result of somatic mutation
- A naturally occurring genetic mutation or a "bud sport
- "Airwave Sport, an Austrian paraglider design
- "Sport (camera), a Soviet 35 mm SLR camera launched in 1937
- "Sportcoat or sports coat, a type of jacket that originated for men's wear in "shooting among other outdoor sports
- "Sky Polarization Observatory (SPOrt), a cancelled Italian space observatory
- Used as a trim for vehicles more-likely having black painted wheels, a spoiler, higher output engine, etc.