Share this page on
Article provided by Wikipedia
WikipediaAudio is not affiliated with Wikipedia or the WikiMedia Foundation.
Title 11 of the United States Code, also known as the United States Bankruptcy Code, is the source of "bankruptcy law in the "United States Code.
Title 11 is subdivided into nine chapters. It used to include more chapters, but some of them have since been repealed in their entirety. The nine chapters are:
- Chapter 1: General Provisions
- Chapter 3: Case Administration
- Chapter 5: Creditors, the Debtor and the Estate
- "Chapter 7: Liquidation
- "Chapter 9 : Adjustment of Debts of a Municipality
- "Chapter 11: Reorganization
- "Chapter 12: Adjustment of Debts of a Family Farmer or Fisherman with Regular Annual Income
- "Chapter 13: Adjustment of Debts of an Individual with Regular Income
- "Chapter 15: Ancillary and Other Cross-Border Cases
United States Bankruptcy Code; 2016 Edition. "ISBN "9781942842033.